Split Screen Podcast: Episode 18 -‘Kriti’ V. ‘Bob’ Plagiarism Controversy
If Bollywood movies weren’t ‘inspired by’ or blatantly ripped from other movies, then my Split Screen Podcast wouldn’t exist. However, a recent instance of a movie being copied, allegedly, had gotten Bollywood all abuzz. But not as much as one would think. When Bollywood director Shirish Kunder returns 4 years after his catastrophic ‘Joker’ with an interesting short film ‘Kriti’ which has been accused of being stolen from the Nepali film ‘Bob’ by Aneel Neupane
So check out Episode 18 – ‘Kriti’ V. ‘Bob’: The Plagiarism Controversy featuring returning guest Samarpita Dutta.
New To The Show?
The Split Screen Podcast compares and analyzes movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. In this episode, we compare two short films, from the perspective of others, where one has been accused of stealing from the other.
- I comprehensively describe the entire controversy between ‘Kriti’ & ‘Bob’.
- My Review of ‘Kriti’.
- Samarpita’s Review of ‘Kriti’.
- The article I mentioned on the show that compared both movies objectively here.
- Another article that actually tried to verify claimed made by Shirish Kunder and also found a Facebook Photo Album during the making of ‘Bob’, months before ‘Kriti’.
- I rant about how Kunder and the ‘Kriti’ team’s reaction to the controversy further fuelled the implication of guilt from them.
- Sam points out that Bollywood has always had a ‘whatever’ goes type of mentality, which may have bred this kind of attitude within the makers of ‘Kriti’.
- Sam thinks Bollywood needs to credit their inspiration better.
- My summary of the ‘Kriti‘ Controversy.
Where To Find Samarpita
Samarpita’s Twitter: @lipstickpatrol
Samarpita’s Articles on BollyBrit
Follow Us Everywhere!
Follow the Podcast on Twitter: @splitscreen_pod
Follow me personally on Twitter: @theshahshahid
Like Us On Facebook: Blank Page Beatdown
Subscribe to the website: Blank Page Beatdown
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave us a Rating + Review on iTunes or Stitcher to show your love and have your Review read on the air!
Where To Listen
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod: Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Split Screen Podcast”. This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
- For Android: Click here to choose an Android App to listen and Subscribe to the podcast. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, search “Split Screen Podcast” to find the show.
- For podcast Enthusiasts: If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is here.
- For those who don’t have a mobile device: You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see here for more episodes.